JUNE E. TAYLOR, PRESIDENT
I believe that all children have the ability to learn. It is the job of school district to be accountable by helping every student that comes through its’ doors to grow daily in academic knowledge, positive behavior, and in the necessary life skills needed to navigate through each grade level. These are the same skills needed to be a successful and competitive citizen.
1977 Kent State University, M.ED.,
1974 Kent State University, B.S.ED., Elementary Education
1969 Cuyahoga Community College, Associate of Arts
· Warrensville Hts. City School Board Member – 5 yrs.:
o Volunteer Reading Coach to five kindergarten students - spring 2011 - 12
o Chaired on the Finance Committee – 3 yrs.
o Served of the Recreation Task Force and later Committee - 2 yrs.
o District Leadership Committee member - 4 yrs.
· Ohio School Board Association’s Black Caucus member – 5 yrs.
o Scholarship Committee (member 4 yrs.)
o Black Caucus Dinner Committee member - 2 yrs.
· National Association of School Board member -5 yrs.
· National Black Caucus of School Board Members - 5 yrs.
· Member of the North Coast Unit of the National Association of Parliamentarians -Membership Chairperson
· Greater Cleveland Junior Golf Scholarship Fund, Inc., Vice President (volunteer for 21 yrs.)
· Member of the Tri-City –Highland Hills/North Randall/Warrensville Hts. Democratic Club
· Member of the Warrensville Hts. Senior Club
· Dedicated –Spends the time and efforts needed to complete the task
· Team player - Enjoys working with others/Recognizes the strength of each team member
· Fair - Respects the views of others/Gives credit to others/In touch with my strengths and weaknesses
· Assertive - Get the job done/Does the research needed to be able to make an informed decision
· Integrity – Values are the same inward and are noticeable outward
Ongoing Professional Development:
· 2008 - 2012 - Participated in professional development sponsored by the: Ohio School Board Association (OSBA); National School Board Association (NSBA); Council of Urban School Boards of Education (CUBE); Educational Services Center (ESC); local Board Retreats
· 2010 - Recipient of the OSBA’s Award of Achievement (over 100 credits of professional training)