Superintendent seeking committee members for Parents Advisory Council
Superintendent Jolly is seeking parents of Warrensville Heights City School District (WHCSD) scholars to join the Superintendent’s Parent Advisory Council (SPAC).
The SPAC is a standing committee comprised of parent representatives from each school who meet monthly with the Superintendent and other district staff to discuss a variety of topics, share information and broaden understanding of school-related issues.
SPAC members work together to:
- Identify common needs and goals among the parents of students enrolled in WHCSD and facilitate strategies to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of their respective school’s parent organizations.
- Provide the superintendent with feedback and insight from the parent’s perspective on school process, policies and initiatives to ensure the needs of parents and their families are included as decisions are made in the district.
- Bring to the superintendent’s attention existing and emerging issues expressed by parents at the school they represent.
- Serve as an advisory, not a decision-making body, that makes recommendations, encourages brainstorming and provides opportunities for parent involvement on committees and task forces.
All meetings occur 11:30 – 1p generally at the WHCSD Board of Education (4500 Warrensville Center Road). The meeting schedule for the 2017-2018 school year is as follows:
- Facilitate communication between and among the parents and parent organizations from different district schools and serve as a forum for sharing innovations and best practices from around the district.
October 26, 2017
December 14, 2017
January 25, 2018
February 22, 2018
March 22, 2018
April 26, 2018
May 17, 2018
To apply for the SPAC, please contact your scholar’s principal.
Attachments Available To Download:
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017