Print    Close This Window
WHCSD Seeking Surrogate Parents
Parents of children with disabilities have the right to help shape and monitor their child’s special education services. When scholars don’t have their own parents or legal guardian to represent them, due to parent scheduling conflicts or other situations, WHCSD must appoint a surrogate parent for representation.
Surrogate parents represent the scholar’s special education needs and understands the scholar’s disability and unique educational situations. View the full list of requirements.
If you’re interested in becoming a surrogate parent, there must be no conflicts of interest and you are encouraged to contact the WHCSD’s Special Education Department at 216-336-6595 to sign up or for more information.