Warrensville Heights City School District students may be referred for assessment for possible gifted identification at any time.
This referral should be based on any of the following:
1. Teacher Recommendation
2. Parent/Guardian Recommendation
3. Student Recommendation
4. Performance on district wide assessment (data).
5. Other assessment data from outside district. (Must be within previous two years.)
The referral form link can be found here. Once the referral is received, WHCSD will:
1. Ask for permission for test form be completed.
2. Schedule the assessment for the area(s) indicated.
3. Provide at least two opportunities per year for possible gifted ID.
After assessment for screening/identification:
1. Send parent/guardian notification of results within 30 days of the completion of testing.
2. Notify parents/guardians of the appeal procedure.